Heroes Past and Present
Client List (partial)
Here’s a rundown on some of the heroes your sidekick has worked with.
Travel and Tourism
- produced its 120-page award winning vacation guide; content planning, copywriting and editing.
- trained and managed a team of 24 freelance writers.
- helped develop its brand identity, wrote dozens of feature articles for the website and content for the vacation guide.
- assisted with copy for the Alberta section of their website.
- collaborated with their team to provide content for an all-Alberta travel issue.
- provided content for the Rocky Mountain Route segment.
- produced copy for advertorials and brochures.
- wrote long-form educational articles for western Canadian tours.
Nonprofit and Not-for-profit
- built case studies, brochures, award nominations, funding proposals, cases for support.
- developed content for Families Volunteering Together program.
Propellus (formerly Volunteer Calgary)
- collaborated with Chevron to create content for its workplace volunteerism initiatives.
- served on the communications committee. Wrote and/or edited copy for annual reports, business plans, brochures, and facilitated a rebranding process.
- on the media relations team when three major energy companies in Calgary ceded their drilling rights around the Queen Charlotte Islands to the Nature Conservancy. Media event included special guest, HRH Prince Philip.
The Rainbow Society of Alberta
- performed a content audit, developed a communications strategy.
- prepared a business plan for the Mount Royal College chapter, including a marketing and communications plan.
- developed a new logo and produced a variety of print materials including media backgrounders, advisories and press releases.
- created a communication plan with key messages for their nation-wide members.
- updated the design and content for the website when the company was known as Vision Theatre.
- media relations for CEO George Cohon’s book tour for “To Russia With Fries”. Then-president, Vladimir Putin showed up at the Calgary Chamber of Commerce event in support of the author.
Penticton Trade & Convention Centre
- coordinated and wrote copy for a new 14-page brochure promoting the benefits of the facility.
Canadian Cattlemen’s Association CCA)
- edited PhD level research for readability by cattle ranchers for a campaign to raise awareness about safe handling and hauling practices, including A/V and how-to manuals.
- created an editorial calendar and wrote the content for the monthly 8-page printed national employee newsletter.